We have several convenient ways for you to pay your business rates.
The total amount due for each financial year (1 April to 31 March) is shown on your bill and is usually payable in either 10 or 12 monthly instalments. By default, payments are due on the 15 of each month.
We can set up regular payments from your bank or building society account on your behalf.
Customers can choose the following payment options -
- 10 or 12 monthly instalments
- on the first or fifteenth day of each calendar month
Customers can make secure payments at any time with myPayments. The following is needed -
- debit or credit card (we do not accept American Express cards)
- an email address to be sent a receipt (optional)
- your reference number. This is 8 digits long and starts with the number 6. You can find this reference in the top right corner of your business rates bill
You can only make online payments using a compatible browser.
You can transfer a one-off payment or set up regular payments from your bank or building society through online banking, telephone banking or in person.
Our bank details are -
- sort code: 62-21-04
- account number: 00000000 (eight zeros)
You need to quote -
- 0000 220 000 followed by your 8-digit reference number (this starts with a 6)
If you are paying more than one account in one transaction, you must send a remittance advising us of the amount(s) and account number(s), so that we can allocate your payment correctly.
This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay any time by automated telephone payment on 01482 300 300 (select option 1).
Our contact centre staff are also available to take payments -
- Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm
- Saturday 9am to 1pm
You will need -
- your reference number, which is 8 digits long, starts with a 6 and can be found in the top right-hand corner of your business rates bill.
- a debit or credit card (we do not accept American Express cards)
Make your cheque or postal order payable to Kingston upon Hull City Council and write your business rates reference number on the back. Send it to -
Hull City Council
PO Box 15
Important information about late or missed payments
The instalment date on your bill is the date on which your payment should have credited your business rates account.
If your payments are late or you miss an instalment recovery action, may be taken to recover the balance outstanding which could incur additional charges being applied to your account.
If you are experiencing difficulties paying your business rates, contact the Business Rates team.
Business rates refunds
If you have overpaid your business rates or your circumstances have changed meaning your business rates account is in credit, you can request a refund through your My Business Rates account. All payments are made by BACS and are only be paid to the person or organisation named on the business rates account.
If you owe business rates for previous years or owe money on another account, the credit balance will be used to clear these charges.
Your business rates account
To check the balance of business rates account or to confirm if a payment has been received, request a refund or to contact the Business Rates Team log into your My business rates account.