Primary school applications

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, or statement of special educational need, there is a separate admissions process. Find more details on the Local Offer website.

If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, you must apply for a primary school place between 1 October 2023 and 15 January 2024. If you live in Hull, you must apply to us with your preferences of primary schools for your child. This is even if the school you want is not in Hull.

If you have moved to the UK and want to apply for a school place for your child, you must check that you have a right of abode. Or that the conditions of your immigration status permit you to have access to a state funded school place. It is your responsibility as the parent to check that your children have a right to study at a state funded school.

To make your application, register for a My School Portal account. Applications can be submitted or amended up to midnight on the 15 January 2024 which is the deadline. You will not be able to use the My School Portal to make an application after 15 January 2024.

We recommend that you use the My School Portal to make your application if you can. You will receive confirmation of your school allocation by email on 16 April 2024. It will also mean that you get a receipt from us to confirm that we have received your application. If you do not have internet access, you can use a computer at our customer contact centres or at any of the public libraries. If you do not have an email address, you can request an application form by contacting 01482 300 300.

Making an application after 15 January 2024

If you are making an application after 15 January 2024, complete a paper application form and submit that to the School Admissions Team. We recommend that you give 3 school preferences.

The Common Application form for Primary application 2023 to 2025 is available to download.

Change of school preference or address

Once you have submitted your application online you will not be able to amend it. However, if you need to change your school preferences or address you can do this by submitting the online form. This is not an application form for a school place. It must only be used to amend an application you have already made.

Submit an amendment request (opens in a new window)