If you suspect someone is involved in -
- housing benefit
- council tax reduction
fraud you can report it.
You can report anonymously if you prefer not to give your details on the blue button below.
Fraud is when someone -
- works but doesn’t declare this when they make their claim
- claims as a single person but lives with a partner
- uses an address they do not live at
- fails to update us about a change of circumstance that may affect an existing claim
- does not tell us the full amount of -
- capital that they have when they claim
What happens next
We investigate all reports we receive and if it is proven, the individual may be subject to 1 or more of the following actions against them –
- a penalty charge based on the amount gained
- a formal caution
- prosecution through the courts
In all cases we recover the full amount that the individual has received fraudulently.