The government announced on 17 November 2022 that additional funding would be provided for a new Household Support Fund 4 (HSF4) for financially vulnerable families, from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.
This grant is funded by the UK Government. See more information on cost of living support available from the government.
Every Local Authority made their own local decision on how to distribute their grant funded allocation. The funding is for residents of the City who have been severely impacted by the current increases in living costs that have occurred following global energy supply issues and the impact of the end of pandemic restrictions on the economy.
The Cabinet Report providing options for the allocation of Household Support Funding for 2023 to 2024 was approved at the meeting of the Council's Cabinet on the 27 March 2023.
Our allocation has been distributed across the following areas and eligible customers will be contacted directly between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2024 -
- food vouchers to Free School Meal recipients during holiday periods
- Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) food bank support to facilitate food distribution
- support for Low Income households to improve energy efficiency, including insulation improvements and boiler replacements
- Warm Homes funding for smaller items to improve energy efficiency. Including smaller insulation improvements and domestic appliances
- VCS warm spaces support for winter 2023/24
- proactive payments to specific vulnerable groups identified in conjunction with VCS partners
- Tenancy Support and Sustainment for those renting homes
If you feel that you are severely impacted due to the cost of living crisis you can receive further information from Cost of living