Trading Standards promotes and ensures compliance of legislation that covers areas including -
- unsafe goods
- pricing and labelling of goods and services
- counterfeit goods
- faulty goods and services
- weights and measures
- food standards
- misdescribed goods and services
- illegal sales to young people
- doorstep crime
- petroleum and explosives (including firework safety)
- unfair commercial practices
- letting agents
- illegal tobacco
- showing of animals
Trading Standards work in partnership with Citizens Advice consumer helpline.
The Citizens Advice consumer helpline will provide advice to you and refer your details to Trading Standards.
For advice or to make a complaint contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline by
Telephone the Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 156 6720.
Relay UK - if you can't hear or speak on the phone, you can type what you want to say: 18001 then 0808 223 1133
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Lines are closed on bank holidays.