Please note: From June 2022 all new applicants will be required to complete an in-house course with Hull City Council’s Learning and Development Team, this course will replace the Level 2 qualification for professional taxi and private hire drivers.
Before being considered for a licence, you need to have held a full DVLA licence (or suitable equivalent) for a minimum of two years and complete the following in accordance with the flowchart below.
- hackney carriage or private hire driver's licence application
- enhanced DBS check
- numeracy and literacy assessment
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults (including neglect observational tool)
- new driver course with Hull City Council as detailed above
- local knowledge test including - communication and speaking assessment
- driving assessment
- group 2 medical report
For an application pack or to request advice complete the online form below