Children in need

Further information

Social workers

Social workers provide advice and support to families in need. They can discuss problems with families and tell them about which services might be able to help them.

Family support

Family Practitioners can go into a family's home to offer advice and support. This is usually for a few hours a week.

Children Safeguarding - Locality Offices

Children and family services meet the needs of children in Hull. Within this service there are 3 safeguarding and assessment locality teams who work directly with children and families.

They respond to contacts made from -

  • children
  • parents
  • carers
  • other agencies such as health and education

For children and young people who currently have an allocated social worker, contact the relevant locality team.

More information on how to Contact a child's social worker