The Humber Historic Environment Record (HER) is the collection of all known heritage assets and historic landscapes within the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull. The Humber HER aims to record the heritage assets within our landscape.
We process information about -
- our customers
- people working for our customers
- professionals involved in archaeological or planning work
The types of information we hold includes -
- names and contact information
- details of planning application, archaeological works commissioned
- job roles and professional activities
We receive information from -
- customers enquiring about our services or engaging in research
- professionals involved in archaeological
- planning applications made to the Council
- members of the public
- local and national heritage organisations
- other local authorities
- national bodies
Information is processed for our public task in maintaining and enhancement of the Historic Environment Record (HER). Including public and commercial HER enquires.
We retain details of pre-planning documents, utility applications, HER enquiries and searches for up to 5 years (in both paper and electronic format) though we will be happy to delete all such information upon request.
Due to the nature of the work and the valuable information within the records we retain planning applications, demolition notices, countryside stewardship and forestry applications permanently. 10 years after completion of the works we remove all personal details from the records.
If you would like to enquire about how your personal information is processed by us or wish to complain please contact –
Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Telephone – 01482 300 300 and
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the regulator –
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone - 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number