Council Tax discounts and disregards

Those in detention

You may be able to get a discount or exemption if a person who normally lives at your address is one of the following -

  • on remand or in prison. This is except if they are in prison for not paying Council Tax
  • being held in a hospital or other place on mental health grounds as a result of a court order
  • being held under immigration law

Other discounts may be available for -

  • diplomats
  • members of religious communities
  • members of visiting forces
  • permanent residents of -
    • hospitals
    • hospices
    • residential care homes