Support for people from Ukraine

There are a range of services available in Hull, to those who are new to the city.

The Ukraine support service is for refugees aged 16 or older and have been granted permission to enter and stay in the UK. Our Refugee Integration Service (RIS) team can provide support to access a number of services including -

  • benefits
  • housing
  • employment
  • health
  • English-speaking skills

You can complete an online form to request support below -

This form is in English, if you need help to complete the information telephone 01482 300 305.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Submit Asylum Seeker or Refugee support request (opens in a new window)

The above services list is not exhaustive. All are subject to a refugee caseworker assessment at the initial first appointment. You will be contacted by telephone or text message to arrange this first appointment. This will be within 2 working days of the form being submitted.

Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme

If you have applied for a Visa with the Homes for Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme, our Refugee Integration Service team will arrange for a £200 cash payment to be provided to you. They will arrange for your sponsor to receive a £350 thank you payment.


There is a network of voluntary organisations across the city that are available to offer more support and services.

Applying for a school place

The Department of Education has provided information on how to apply for a school place in both English and Ukrainian.

The School Admissions Team will coordinate all requests for school places. Application forms are available below and should be fully completed and signed. They should then be returned to -

School Admissions
Room 128, Guildhall
Alfred Gelder Street

You can put up to 3 preferences of school on your application form. There is also a map showing all the schools in Hull.

Once your application form is returned, we check if there is a vacancy at the schools you have requested. We will then write to you within 10 to 15 school days to let you know the school you have been allocated. You will be provided with details of how to contact the school to arrange a start date for your child. If the schools you have requested are full, we will notify you and offer the right of appeal.

If we could not offer a place at any of your preferred schools, we take your application to the Fair Access Panel. A school place will then be allocated to you, but this may not be your preferred school.

You can contact the admissions team at or 01482 300 305 if you have any queries or require any further assistance.

While we are arranging for your school place to be allocated, you can access Oak National Academy free of charge. Lessons following the national curriculum can be found on this website. They are also available in Ukrainian.

Useful links for Central Government

Department of Works and Pensions (DWP)

The DWP can offer benefit support for Ukrainians arriving in the UK.

Stay safe in the UK

A coalition of anti-slavery and human rights groups has launched a new website, Ukrainians Welcome for Ukrainian refugees in the UK. It is aimed at keeping them safe from trafficking and helping them adjust to their new home.

Welcome to Hull information pack

Access our Welcome to Hull Pack. It has helpful information for people who have moved to Hull from abroad or overseas.