Collections and side waste
- the blue bin is emptied every 2 weeks
- we empty bins between 7am and 4.30pm
- bins need to be at the boundary of your property with the handle facing towards the road no later than 7am
- number all your bins, so they are not mistaken for your neighbours' bins
- make sure all bin lids are fully closed
- return your bin to your property as soon as you can after it has been emptied
- if your bin is missed, contact us within 48 hours of your collection day
- your bin should not be overfilled with heavy items, heavy bins cannot be emptied
Extra recyclables can be presented next to the blue bin in loosely tied clear bags.
Cardboard must be kept dry if presented as side waste.
If you are presenting side waste regularly, you can request an additional blue bin.
You can find out more information on our your guide to recycling right.