Housing benefit information for landlords

Change in circumstances

Where you are receiving the payments, we notify you of any change in circumstances that affect your tenant's entitlement.

If your tenant is receiving Housing Benefit and has a change in circumstances that you are aware of, you should report it to us. You may be liable to repay any overpayments.

You should notify us immediately in writing of any other change in your circumstances. For example -

  • change of address
  • change of bank account details
  • change of trading company name
  • you no longer wish to receive payments

To report any change of circumstances, email benefitssr@hullcc.gov.uk. Include as much detail as possible.

Failure to complete a direct payment agreement form (DPA) or notify changes in writing may result in delayed or non-payment of any Housing Benefit that is awarded.

Visit our page for further information about overpayments for landlords.