We have several convenient ways for you to pay your housing benefit overpayments.
Make a secure payment anytime with myPayments. Using the appropriate button below.
You'll need -
- your debit or credit card
- an email address to be sent a receipt (optional)
- your 6 or 7 invoice number - this can be found on the top right of the original invoice or to the left middle (under the heading) of the outstanding invoice reminder document
Transfers or standing orders
You can transfer a one-off payment or set up regular payments from your bank or building society through online banking, telephone banking or in person.
Our bank details are -
- Sort code - 62 11 79
- Account number - 00000000 (8 zeros)
You need to quote -
- 0000 0100 0000 followed by your 6 digit reference number
- 0000 0600 0000 followed by your 7 digit reference number
Note that there cannot be any gaps in the Standing order references or the payments won’t go through.
You can pay anytime by telephone on 01482 300 300 (select option 1). Our Contact Centre is available to take payments -
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
- Saturdays, 9am to 1pm
You'll need -
- your reference number
- a debit or credit card
- your invoice number
If you have a swipecard, you can pay your housing benefit overpayments at any -
- UK post office with cash or a cheque
- supermarket or shop that displays the PayPoint logo with cash
Make your cheque or postal order payable to - Kingston upon Hull City Council - and write your reference number on the back. Send it to -
Hull City Council
PO Box 15
Make sure you use the appropriate postal option, so your payment arrives on time.
Debit and credit cards
We accept the following debit and credit cards -
- Visa Debit
- Visa Electron
We do not accept American Express.