Abandoned Properties

Abandoned properties

You need to report this to us immediately if you think that a council property –

  • has been abandoned
  • has been absconded by the tenant
  • has squatters or other unauthorised occupants

You can report this to us by -

  • contacting 01482 300 300
  • contacting any housing staff member if you have their contact details
  • completing the below form. Provide the address of the property and as much information as possible as to its condition and what you believe has happened

General Housing Enquiry

What happens next

The local housing team will investigate the situation and, if appropriate, arrange for the property to be secured.

The council can only act upon reported council premises. If it is a private property where you suspect there are unauthorised occupants, it is advised that you contact your local police station on the non-emergency telephone number, 101.