Visas and Immigration

This page can provide you with information on where to get advice and support on visas, immigration and refugee status.

Citizens Advice can provide you with advice and support on -

  • being in the UK illegally
  • visas for spouses and partners
  • visas for family and friends
  • applying for a visa
  • getting a divorce but wanting to stay in the UK
  • overstaying a visa
  • refugee status
  • seeking asylum or protection
  • immigration

For Proof of Life Certificates visit the Pensions and Retirement page.

The GOV.UK website also provides information on the following -

  • visas
  • asylum 
  • immigration