Hackney carriage, private hire driver application and Annual declaration
From June 2022 all new applicants will be required to complete an in-house course with Hull City Council’s Learning and Development Team, this course will replace the Level 2 qualification for professional taxi and private hire drivers.
Before being considered for a licence, you need to have held a full DVLA licence (or suitable equivalent) for a minimum of two years and complete the following in accordance with the flowchart below -
- hackney carriage or private hire driving licence application
- enhanced DBS check
- numeracy and literacy assessment
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults (including neglect observational tool)
- new driver course with Hull City Council as detailed above
- local knowledge test including - communication and speaking assessment
- driving assessment
- group 2 medical report
For an application pack or to request advice complete the online form below
In order to submit an application, an appointment must be made prior to attending Licensing, either by telephone on 01482 615 462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.