Section 75 notice

Yorkshire Water will serve a Section 75 Notice at council homes where they identify that there is a potential water leak from pipework that is the council's responsibility.

Yorkshire Water must correspond with you as the bill payer however we will carry out any necessary repairs once you have notified us.

On the front of the envelope containing the notice you will find confirmation of the type of leak that has been identified.

The 4 options are -

  • internal leak
  • overflow
  • external single supply pipe
  • external shared supply pipe

When you report the leak, it is important that you confirm what type of leak has been identified. If it is a leak from an external shared supply pipe, Yorkshire Water will indicate on the envelope which properties the pipe serves. We will need this information when you report the leak to us.

Contact us on - 01482 300 300