Temporary road closure applications
At Hull City Council we deal with any temporary road closure applications for activities which require temporary traffic management, such as roadworks and events. Road closures need to be applied for and go through an approval process, with a lead time of 12 weeks.
To apply for permission to close a road, to prevent vehicles and/or pedestrians using it, complete the form below -
You must -
- include an OS plan showing the location of the closure
- include a scale map showing diversion routes and signs you intend to use
- return your completed form (and plans) to the Permit Team
- allow at least twelve weeks notice before the required closure for us to process, consult and advertise the notice
- contact the Permit Team for further advice
Email your completed application form to - HCCRoadClosure@hullcc.gov.uk
Road closure application fees
Our current fees are available here -
Road closure information
It is advisable that pre-application checks are made by yourself to ensure that the proposed road closure application will not affect or be affected by any other work or event in the locality. Hull City Council will monitor, and coordinate works carried out by the activity promoters to limit the amount of disruption to road users.
Road space booking
To request the use of the Hull City Council network for a diversion route, please fill in the below application form -