Humber Historic Environment Record Policy Notice

Humber historic environment record policy notice

The Humber Historic Environment Record (HER) is the collection of all known heritage assets and historic landscapes within the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull. The HER aims to record the heritage assets within our landscape.

We process information about -

  • our customers
  • people working for our customers
  • professionals involved in archaeological or planning work

The types of information we hold includes -

  • names and contact information
  • details of planning application and archaeological works commissioned
  • job roles and professional activities

We receive information from -

  • customers enquiring about our services or engaging in research
  • professionals involved in archaeological work
  • planning applications made to the council
  • members of the public
  • local and national heritage organisations
  • other local authorities
  • national bodies

Information is processed for our public task in maintaining and the enhancement of the Historic Environment Record. This includes public and commercial HER enquires.

We retain details of -

  • pre-planning documents
  • utility applications
  • HER enquiries
  • searches for up to 5 years in both paper and electronic format

though we will be happy to delete all such information upon request.

Due to the nature of the work and the valuable information within the records, we permanently keep -

  • planning applications
  • demolition notices
  • countryside stewardship
  • forestry applications

10 years after completion of the works, we remove all personal details from the records.

If you want to enquire about how we process your personal information or want to complain, contact –

Hull City Council
Data Protection Officer
Room 11
The Guildhall

Telephone – 01482 300 300

Email –

You also have the right to complain to the regulator –

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Telephone - 0303 123 1113 for the local rate. Or call 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.

Visit the Information Commissioner's Office website