There are various permissions and considerations in order to operate a drone for aerial filming in Hull.
Drones and Octocopters may also be referred to as -
- SUA (small unmanned aircraft)
- UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- or UAS (unmanned aerial systems)
and are becoming more and more popular with filmmakers as they offer great flexibility and range.
This document sets out a non-exhaustive explanation of matters to consider, and procedural steps required for the use of drones in Hull.
In advance of filming you will need to ensure that you have -
- Permission from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Permission from the owner or manager the land used for take-off and landing
- Control over the area you intend to use the drone within which includes any person or vehicles in the area