Cost of Living

Help with money

If you are struggling with money, you should check you are getting the correct support. Up to 7 million people are not claiming benefits they are entitled to. Check that you are not one of them with Fighting UK Poverty - Turn2us.

Immediate financial help

If you need immediate financial help you may be entitled to emergency support from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or us - Immediate financial help.

Citizen Advice (CA)

Your local Citizens Advice provides free and independent advice to anyone who is struggling with money problems.

You can get advice in lots of different ways, through -

  • face-to-face meetings
  • over the phone
  • by webchat
  • letter
  • email

Advisors can help with -

  • benefit checks
  • completing complex forms
  • negotiating with third parties

such as -

To get help or find out more visit Citizens Advice.

Mobile phones

The National Databank provides free -

  • mobile data
  • texts
  • calls

for people in need.

Anyone that doesn’t have regular access to the internet can visit their nearest Virgin Money store and pick up an O2 sim card with 20GB of free data. This is enough for around 220 hours of internet browsing every month. The free data allowance renews every month and lasts for 6 months.