Immediate financial help

Applications for assistance, connected to the Household Support Fund, can be made via -

  • Community Crisis Payments
  • Community Support Grants

Community Crisis Payment

Community Crisis Payments (CCPs) are part of our local assistance scheme. CCPs are for applicants who are unable to meet their immediate short term needs either -

  • in a crisis in relation to some expenses
  • as a consequence of a disaster

Community Support Grant

Community Support Grants (CSGs) are part of the local assistance scheme. CSGs are to help vulnerable applicants live independently in the community. They can provide financial assistance for items such as -

  • furniture or furnishings
  • minor repairs and redecoration
  • white goods
  • certain travel expenses
  • clothing

Discretionary Housing Payment

Discretionary Housing Payment is for people who need extra help with their rent. This could be when certain benefits do not meet the full value of their rent or to secure a tenancy. Benefits include -

  • Housing Benefits
  • the housing cost element of Universal Credit

You may be able to get a discretionary payment to help towards these payments if -

  • you are suffering severe financial hardship as a result
  • your tenancy is at risk

Free school meals

You may be able to claim free school meals for primary and secondary schools.