Cost of Living

Help with food

Community Food Aid Providers can help if you can’t afford the food you need. 

Some are food banks, and they might need you to be referred by another organisation, such as Citizens Advice. Some might provide meals at certain times or others you can just drop in and buy a basket of food for a pound or two.

You can find out how to get help from community food aid providers.

You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school or sixth form on a full-time basis.

If you're more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under 4, you may be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk through Healthy Start.

If you’re eligible, you’ll be sent a Healthy Start card with money on it that you can use in some UK shops. We’ll add your benefit onto this card every 4 weeks.

Support during School Holidays

A huge range of activities that are free of charge, for children and young people across the city.