Reporting online

If you are a council tenant or rent a council garage, you can register to use My Housing Online to -

  • request non-urgent repairs and book an appointment
  • look up your repairs history
  • receive updates on existing repairs through text and email

Use the button below to access repairs.

Be aware emergency repairs cannot be reported online. See the list below for some examples.

Access repairs

If you are reporting a repair that is needed in multiple locations, please only book one repair appointment and show the operative when they attend if there are other locations. Do not raise multiple repairs for the same trades person.

If you do not have a My Housing Online account, you can register using the button below.

Register for My Housing Online

Our new online housing portal is now live. To be able to use this new portal you will need to register as your old login details will not work. 

To register you will need -

  • an email address
  • your rent account reference number
  • or your Homesearch application number

On the registration page enter your email address and create a password. A verification email will be sent to the email address you have used to register. You must use the link in the email sent to you within one hour to verify the email address and continue the registration process.

You will be asked to enter either your rent account reference number or housing application number. Next you will be asked to enter your personal details and create your memorable question.

To create your account –

  • accept the terms and conditions
  • select 'Finish' to receive a welcome email

Repairs responsibility

The repairs service is provided by our partner organisation, Kingstown Works Limited (KWL) and a number of other specialist contractors. They do their best to complete all repairs on the first visit, yet this is not always possible and a further visit or follow-up work may be required. If the work cannot be completed in one visit the contractor will explain what needs to be done next and will make arrangements with you for further visits.

If a repair is found to be needed because of negligence, intentional damage, or misuse, you may be charged for the repair.

Emergency Repairs

An emergency repair is something that needs fixing urgently because there is immediate danger to either the occupants or public. These can only be reported by telephoning 01482 300 300. You will be asked some additional questions to confirm that the repair is an emergency and whether it is safe for us to attend. To carry out emergency repairs our contractors will observe safe working practices whilst in your home.

See list below for examples -

  • locked out of property
  • no heating or hot water (during extreme weather)
  • total loss of power, water or gas to the property
  • damaged door or window has left your home insecure
  • severe leaks or burst pipes
  • a leak that is affecting the electrics or unsafe electrics

If you misreport a problem to get a quicker response it stops us from responding quickly to real emergencies. If we find that you have misreported your repair or your circumstances, we may charge you for the cost of the emergency call-out.

If you have an outstanding repair and you need to inform us that you are now self-isolating or have Coronavirus symptoms telephone 01482 300 300.

Void or empty housing properties

You can report a problem with an empty or void council property. This could be a -

  • repair
  • attempted break in
  • vandalism

Use the form below to give details of the address this relates to and as many details as possible regarding the issue.

 Report Void and Empty property issues

Unable to evacuate the building without using the lift

If you are unable to evacuate the building without assistance and would like to arrange a personal emergency evacuation plan, you can complete the form below and you will be contacted by your Housing Office to discuss this.

Fire Safety In Flats