Banding categories for council housing
The higher your housing need, the more chance you have of being offered a property.
When we are allocating a property, we produce a list of everyone that has bid for it, in priority order, highest to lowest.
We do not consider bids from people who are not eligible for the property
We arrange a pre-tenancy interview with the bidder with the highest priority.
Bidders are prioritised by band. A is the highest and E is the lowest. Within these bands bidders are prioritised as follows -
- A - by the number of priorities you have, then the date you went into Band A
- B - by the date you were awarded your priority
- Band C - by the number of points you have
- Band D - by the number of points you have
- Band E - by your application date
In certain circumstances, we do not advertise a property and instead we allocate it to a customer with a direct let award.
You can learn more about our Allocations Policy.
Be aware our properties are taking longer than usual to be ready for new customers to move into at present due to a number of reasons. We will contact you directly when the keys are ready. Thank you for your patience.