We offer a range of tenancies to our tenants which we can discuss with you when we sign you up for a property.
We currently operate an Introductory Tenancy Scheme. This means that any new tenancy granted by us to a person who is not already a secure tenant of our property (in Hull or elsewhere) or an assured tenant of social housing must be an introductory tenancy. The introductory period lasts for 12 months and in some case up to a maximum of 18 months.
A secure tenancy is the most secure form of tenure granted by us. We can only recover possession of a property where the tenant has a secure tenancy if we have obtained a possession order through the court.
Citizens Advice can provide you with independent support and information on renting from us or a housing association.
Routine Tenancy Visits
As a landlord we are always trying to improve how we support you and help you to get the best out of your tenancy. You may be aware that from January 2020 we are introducing routine tenancy visits so that we can meet you in your home. These visits are to make sure -
- your contact details are up-to-date
- everything is okay in your property
- we discuss any problems you may have with your tenancy
- your responsibilities as a tenant and help you find support if you need it
- you tell us whether you have any outstanding repairs or issues with your property
- you are aware of Fire Safety information for living in your home
We will contact you to arrange a convenient date and time to visit you.
Access our tenancy policy.