Third parties and appointees


A friend, relative or professional who is aged 18 and over can be chosen as an appointee to act on behalf of you or someone you know. This is if it is not possible for the person you know to deal with day-to-day affairs.

An appointee takes over all rights and responsibilities in relation to a Housing Benefit and Council Tax claim. They will be responsible for -

  • making the claim
  • notifying us of any relevant changes in the claimant's circumstances
  • the repayment of any overpaid Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction

To request an appointee form, call 01482 300 303.