The assessment process for adult social care

Advocate – Someone to speak on your behalf

An advocate is a person who supports you to explain and say what you want if you find it difficult to do by yourself. You can ask a family member, carer or friend to advocate on your behalf while you work with us to find solutions to help you live your life.

If you do not have anybody to advocate on your behalf or feel that they do not have your best interests in mind, you can request an independent care act advocate.

Care act advocates are independent to the Hull City Council. The service is provided for free. It is part of our statuary responsibilities under the Care Act 2014.

Your caseworker will discuss whether an independent care act advocate could help you to work with us to plan your support.