Cost of Living



If you are threatened with homelessness and are eligible for help, we may be able to help.

Problems with paying your rent in council housing

If you require any advice or help with your rent arrears we would advise that you contact your tenancy officer straight away so it can be discussed. Then a repayment plan can be put in place.

Find out more about managing council housing rent arrears.

Problems with paying your rent in a private property

If you can't pay your rent, don't ignore the problem. You need to talk to your landlord as soon as possible. We can help by giving you advice and information (opens in new window) that may prevent you from losing your home.

Discretionary housing payments

This is a discretionary award with no fixed rate or payment period. It is a limited fund and awarded on an individual basis. It is not guaranteed, and any award is intended to help you for a short period.