You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school or sixth form on a full time basis (this includes Hull College 14-16 direct entry, academies and free schools) by registering on My School Portal and completing the online form. You must be in receipt of one of the following benefits -
- income support
- income based jobseekers allowance
- income related employment and support allowance (ESA – IR)
- universal credit if the household is earning less than £7,400 per year
- asylum seekers (receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)
- the guaranteed element of state pension credit
- child tax credit (with an annual income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue) if also in receipt of working tax credit you will not be eligible
- working tax credit run on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
You can claim if you are over 16 years of age and are receiving one of the above qualifying benefits.
If your child is attending an East Riding school, you should apply to the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
You will be notified of the decision by letter within seven days and the school will be notified electronically if approved.