Sale or repair of vehicles on the highway

Parking disputes

If a parking space is available on the highway, any vehicle can park in it. This is even if it is directly outside someone else’s property.

We accept this can be frustrating. This can be especially so if spaces are hard to come by on your street. It is not a matter that should be reported to us, or the police.

We also cannot respond to poorly parked vehicles.

If you feel any vehicle is causing a danger or obstruction, contact the police on 101.

If you wish to report any vehicles parked in breach of local parking regulations, report this to parking enforcement using the below form. Examples of breaches are -

  • parking on double yellow lines
  • not displaying a residents parking permit

Report discourteous parking (opens in new window)