Find a home

Further information

Current council or housing association tenants

It is likely that only a very small number of existing tenants will be deemed to be in high enough housing need to be offered a new property through the HomeSearch bidding scheme.

The best way for existing council and housing association tenants to find a new council or housing association home is to search for a mutual exchange.

Other registered housing providers

There are other providers of social housing in Hull as well as Hull City Council. These are sometimes called registered providers, or housing associations.

Private sector renting

You should also explore the private rented sector market to find your new home. This is especially important if you cannot be flexible about the type of property or area that you want. You can find out more information on council housing and housing associations.