Disability bus pass


If you are an adult or child aged 5 or over and live in Hull, you can apply if you are -

  • in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and awarded 8 or more points in either of the following sections -
    • section 7 - communication verbally
    • section 12 - moving around
  • in receipt of the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • refused a driving licence due to medical reasons, but not persistent use of drugs or alcohol. Or you would, in the opinion of your medical practitioner, be refused a driving licence on those grounds if you were to apply
  • a Blue Badge holder
  • in receipt of war pensioner's mobility supplement 
  • registered with our social services and have one of the following cards -
    • sight impaired or severely sight impaired. This was previously known as partially sighted and blind. Orange is for partially sighted and yellow card for blind
    • profoundly or severely deaf - white card. Hard of Hearing (HH) individuals are not eligible
    • limbless or long-term loss of use of both arms - blue card or letter from NHS limbless unit
    • without speech - grey card
    • learning disability - pink card

If you have a green, purple, or any other coloured social services card you are not entitled to a disability bus pass.