These permits cost £22 per year.
Businesses within the city centre are not entitled to a permit, where possible in all other zones we try to allow two permits for businesses. Where there is a significant amount of parking congestion we may have to curtail this benefit. Zone A is one such area where limited permits are available to specific addresses only.
To qualify for a business permit you must -
- pay business rates directly to the council for a business within a controlled parking zone
- not be living at the business premises (if you do live at the business premises, you may be entitled to a household permit)
- have no off street parking at the business premises (this includes space that is being used for purposes other than parking)
The permit can be used by any member of staff or visitor who has to use their vehicle in connection with the business.
You will require the following when applying for a business permit -
- a business rates bill or proof of running a business from the address, such as -
- a utility bill
- bank statement dated within the last three months
- a business lease agreement
- proof of being in charge of a vehicle -
- a DVLA registration certificate (V5)
- current motor insurance document.
- if a company pool vehicle is being used, written confirmation on letter headed paper confirming the vehicle is being used by the business at the address concerned is required.
If you require more than 2 permits more than 4 in Zone Q you will need to contact us on 01482 300300
Applying for a business permit
If you wish to apply for a business permit ,other than Zone Q please either apply at a library or contact us on 01482 300300